The DS6878-SR cordless imager offers the data capture functionality required to streamline and error-proof everyday processes in a wide variety of industries. This single device can capture all common bar codes (1D, 2D, PDF417) on labels as well as on mobile phone displays. The optional hands-free presentation cradle enables additional advanced capabilities, including: the ability to capture signatures, documents and photographs; optical character recognition (OCR) to capture the text in documents; and MICR to capture the numeric information on the bottom of checks.
Features and Benefits
- Comprehensive Advanced Data Capture: Eliminates the need to purchase multiple types of devices — captures 1-D, 2-D and PDF417 bar codes; Optional hands-free presentation cradle enables additional advanced data capture capabilities, including: signatures; images of documents such as drivers licenses and insurance cards; photographs; OCR for the capture of printed text; and MICR for automated capture of check-related data and conversion of check-based transactions to electronic paperless debit transactions
- Superior High Performance Scanning on All Bar Codes: The integrated revolutionary SE4500 imager eliminates the performance degradation common in 2-D scanning, delivering: laser-like performance on both 1-D and 2-D codes; rapid and accurate capture of even poor quality and damaged bar codes; and full omni-directional scanning, which eliminates the need to precisely align bar code and imager, improves ergonomics and protects productivity
- Superior Durability: Withstands 6 ft./ 1.8 m drops to concrete — ensuring reliable operation in spite of everyday drops and bumps
- Lightweight Ergonomic Design: Easy to hold regardless of hand size; reduces fatigue; enables all day scanning comfort to protect productivity in scan-intensive applications
- Flexible Horizontal or Vertical Mounting: Easy to mount in virtually any environment — from counter-top to invisible under-the-counter installation in space constrained areas
- USB Charging: Eliminates the costs associated with purchasing, managing and providing power to a separate power supply
- Bluetooth® v2.1 with EDR: Provides a secure wireless connection to the scanner base station for cordless convenience and safety
- Supports 123Scan² Scanner Configuration Tool: Enables rapid and easy customized set-up through free wizard-based PC software tool
Electronic record-keeping is enriched and checks can be instantly converted to electronic debit transactions, reducing the time and cost associated with processing paper checks as well as the risk of check fraud. Add easy remote management, business-class durability, future proofing and world-class support and you have a scanner that not only offers the advanced data capture features your users need, but also the extraordinary total cost of ownership (TCO) required to easily justify this technology investment.
Built on the revolutionary SE4500 scan engine, the DS6878-SR breaks the barriers that have long separated 1D laser scanning and 2D imaging technologies, delivering an industry first: 1D laser scanning performance on 2D bar codes. Businesses no longer need to sacrifice speed and scanning quality for bar code diversity. Exceptional motion tolerance enables extraordinary scanning speed on all bar codes. The scanner can capture even poor quality and damaged bar codes, virtually eliminating exceptions. The easy to use device offers an intuitive aiming patter and full omni-directional scanning, which eliminates the need to precisely align bar code and imager. And the patent-pending fast-pulse illumination consistently delivers the light required to capture the bar code, enabling use in virtually any type of lighting. The result is increased throughput and productivity.